Grace M. Sparks Memorial Bridge
Google Maps Street View of Original Railings
Courtesy of Google Maps
BH Photo #535737
Whelcon Contractors, LLC, in conjunction with Yavapai County Public Works, will be performing bridge work on the Mint Wash bridge on Williamson Valley Road beginning May 11, 2020 Yavapai County Public Works Director Dan Cherry announced Tuesday.
The bridge is 17 miles northwest of Prescott, and about a mile north of the intersection of Williamson Valley and Fair Oaks roads.
Construction will begin Monday, May 11, and continue through Sept. 16, according to a news release.
Construction will consist of widening the existing bridge deck with the addition of drilled shafts and new piers, replacing the bridge barrier rail, miscellaneous concrete repair work, asphalt paving and updating the guardrail.
- Steel stringer bridge over Mint Wash on Williamson Valley Road
- Yavapai County, Arizona
- Built 1937; Rededicated on Oct 20, 2020 as the Grace M. Sparks Memorial Bridge
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 99.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.3 ft.
- Also called
- Williamson Vallet Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.81800, -112.63231 (decimal degrees)
34°49'05" N, 112°37'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/350713/3854074 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- AZ 9106 (Arizona bridge number)
BH 99068 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 64 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 7, 2022: Updated by Jesse Sharkoman Berube: Added by Kathy L Lopez