Lincoln Avenue Viaduct
Photo taken Apr. 18, 2004, by Wayne Kizziar
BH Photo #100935
Designed by the Missouri Pacific Railroad Company and presented to the City of Little Rock as a corporate gesture of goodwill, the Lincoln Avenue Viaduct was the first and only through rainbow arch in the city. As an example of a single-span reinforced concrete bridge of through rainbow arch design it remains today as an example unique in Arkansas. It was built by The Ozark Engineering Company of Joplin, Missouri in 1928 and, though it has lost a balustrade on the west side and has had a second bridge built adjacent to it, the Lincoln Avenue Viaduct is remarkably well preserved.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Through arch bridge across the Union Pacific Railroad on the westbound lanes of AR 10 (Cantrell Road) in Little Rock
- Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1928 by the Ozark Engineering Company of Joplin, MO and paid for by the Missouri Pacific Railroad
- - Ozark Engineering Co. of Joplin, Missouri
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Concrete through arch
Length of largest span: 89.9 ft.
Total length: 144.0 ft.
Deck width: 29.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on April 9, 1990
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.75244, -92.28321 (decimal degrees)
34°45'09" N, 92°16'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/565604/3845824 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- North Little Rock
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- AHTD M0336 (Arkansas Highway and Transportation Dept. bridge number)
NRHP 90000731 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 10541 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 33.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 26, 2015: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- March 5, 2011: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 19, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- February 19, 2005: Posted AHTD photos
- Wayne Kizziar - waynekizziar [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER AR-6 - Lincoln Avenue Viaduct
- Nathan Holth
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER AR-6 - Lincoln Avenue Viaduct, Spanning Union Pacific Railroad between Baring Cross Bridge & Union Station, Little Rock, Pulaski County, AR