The bridge at this location was a steel bridge built for the Gurdon & Fort Smith Railroad in 1907. This section of railroad was known as the "Norman Branch." The Gurdon & Fort Smith Railroad operated on 60 miles of track from Gurdon, Arkansas to Norman, Arkansas, which at that time was known as, Womble, Arkansas. The railroad later was operated by the St. Louis, Iron Mountain, & Southern, which was a part at that time of the Missouri Pacific Railroad. This was the last steel bridge built on the line to Norman, Arkansas. Photo of old bridge at this location not yet found.