Salem Shotwell Covered Bridge 01-41-04
Bridge collapsed at its original location near Salem, AL. It was 75 feet long, but when it was relocated and rebuilt at its present location the bridge was shortened to 43 feet.
- Relocated lattice through truss bridge over Rocky Brook on a pedestrian path at Opelika Municipal Park
- Opelika, Lee County, Alabama
- Open to pedestrians
- Bridge was originally built in 1900 over Wacoochee Creek near Salem. Damaged by a falling tree in 2005. Relocated and rebuilt in 2007 at its present location.
- - Otto Puls
- Lattice through truss
Total length: 43.0 ft.
- Also called
- Pea Ridge Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.65941, -85.38129 (decimal degrees)
32°39'34" N, 85°22'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/651800/3614687 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Opelika West
- Inventory number
- BH 48088 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 27, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- February 10, 2011: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com