ARR - Susitna River Bridge
Walter E. Angier is listed as a consulting engineer for this bridge. He may have been working with famous engineer Ralph Modjeski, under the name Modjeski and Angier at the time, however the National Register nomination does not mention Modjeski.
- Through truss bridge over Susitna River on Alaska Railroad
- Matanuska-Susitna Borough, Alaska
- Completed Feb. 1921 by the American Bridge Co.
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Walter E. Angier (Consulting Engineer)
- - Alaska Railroad (ARR)
- Pennsylvania through truss
Length of largest span: 503.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on September 15, 1977
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +62.76812, -149.69371 (decimal degrees)
62°46'05" N, 149°41'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 6/362505/6962628 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 77000227 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 60222 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 19, 2022: New photo from Dave King
- March 2, 2022: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added designer.
- October 30, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- October 4, 2015: Updated by Luke: Imagery
- August 4, 2015: Updated by Luke: Corrected stream name via forum comment.
- December 17, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added category "A-frame portal" & added link to photo
- March 11, 2014: Updated by Steve Conro: Added category "Alaska Railroad"