Green River I-80 Twin Tunnels
Green River I-80 Eastbound Tunnel Portal
this is the East Bound or West End of the Tunnel Portal on I-80 in Green River Wyoming.
Photo taken by Jolly Goodfellow in December 2012
BH Photo #245809
Twin Tunnels 1138 feet long [347 m] on Interstate 80 at mile marker 89 in Green River Wyoming. The clearance of the westbound tunnel is 16.92 feet [5.15 m] and the eastbound tunnel is 16.75 feet [5.11 m].
- Pair of tunnels on I-80, mile 89 at Green River
- Green River, Sweetwater County, Wyoming
- Open to traffic
- Built 1966
- Interstate Highway Twin Tunnels, I-80
Total length: 1,138.2 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.8 ft.
- Also called
- Green River, I-80, Twin Tunnles
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.53383, -109.46464 (decimal degrees)
41°32'02" N, 109°27'53" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/628080/4599157 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Green River
- Inventory numbers
- WY API (Wyoming bridge identifier)
BH 35824 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 29, 2013: Updated by Fmiser: Corrected description spelling, added metric units, added mile marker
- December 29, 2012: New photos from Jolly Goodfellow
- May 28, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn