North Fork Crazy Woman Creek Bridge
Along Middle Fork Road Toward North Fork Of The Crazy Woman Creek Bridge, View To West
Photo taken by Richard Collier for the Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #240166
This is the oldest datable vehicular truss bridge in use in the county road system in Wyoming. It displays an interesting variation of the classic Double Intersection Warren pony truss configuration using vertical posts at alternating panel points, making it one of the most significant truss bridges in Wyoming. It retains its essential character-defining features and is also an uncommon example nationally.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost Pony truss bridge over North Fork Crazy Woman Creek on CN16-265
- Johnson County, Wyoming
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1880; Relocated 1964; rehabilitated 1986; replaced 2006
- - Detroit Bridge & Iron Co.
- Double-intersection Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 48.9 ft.
Total length: 49.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.08500, -106.67167 (decimal degrees)
44°05'06" N, 106°40'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/366166/4882672 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Purdy Reservoir
- Inventory numbers
- WY FHP (Wyoming bridge identifier)
BH 35778 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2005)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 29.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- November 14, 2017: Updated by Dave King: Bridge has been replaced
- August 12, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Detroit Bridge & Iron Co."
- September 26, 2012: Updated by James McCray: Updated various aspects of bridge info to reflect HABS info
- HAER WY-93 - North Fork of Crazy Woman Creek Bridge, Spanning North Fork of Crazy Woman Creek at Middle Fork Road, Buffalo, Johnson County, WY
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com