Warm Springs Road Bridge
This bridge was on Warm Springs Rd, not Airport Rd as previously thought. Airport Rd has a Warren pony truss bridge already, and it looks to be original. The building and the fence in the HAER pics are still there and are on the northwest corner of the new concrete bridge. The old bridge is shown in the 1994 satellite view, but the next available view is 2006 and the new bridge is there.
- Lost Bowstring pony truss bridge over Big Wind River on Airport Rd. (CR 21)
- Fremont County, Wyoming
- Replaced by a new bridge
- HAER info is sketchy at best, says estimated build year is 1920, it was jerryrigged, and was made from salvaged materials.
- HAER info is not really helpful. It says that the bridge is jerryrigged and made from salvaged materials. From the pictures it looks like some form of a bowstring pony truss.
Total length: 74.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Big Wind River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.54621, -109.66747 (decimal degrees)
43°32'46" N, 109°40'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 12/607645/4822336 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 49657 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 7, 2016: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated status and location--bridge has been replaced.
- September 18, 2011: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- HAER WY-74 - Big Wind River Bridge, Spanning Big Wind River on County Road No. 21, Dubois vicinity, Fremont, WY
- Matt Lohry