CSX - Ohio River Bridge (Parkersburg)
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
BH Photo #151114
Bought by the B&O in 1904, I believe this was when the Whipple trusses were replaced with the current trusses.
- Through truss bridge over Ohio River on CSX Railroad
- Belpre, Wood County, West Virginia, and Washington County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Crosses Ohio River between Parkersburg, WV, and Belpre, OH. Constructed between 1868-1870 by B&O railroad. Longest in world upon completion at 7140 feet.
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- - Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (B&O; BO)
- CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Has 46 spans; 25 deck plate girder, 14 deck truss, 6 through truss, and 1 through plate girder.
Total length: 7,140.0 ft. (1.4 mi.)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.27166, -81.56695 (decimal degrees)
39°16'18" N, 81°34'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/451094/4347076 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43808 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 8, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added categories "Pin-connected", "Riveted"
- July 3, 2016: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added category "King Bridge Co."
- November 20, 2015: New photos from Jack Schmidt
- December 30, 2009: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Electric Earl
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com