Bemis Truss Bridge (1907-2016)
Shavers Fork Cheat River Thru Truss CR22
Photo taken by Brian McKee 7-6-2011
BH Photo #203638
Temporary bridge was being installed downstream of old bridge at end of April 2016. Old bridge was gone end of June 2016. New bridge was under construction September 2016.
- Through truss bridge over Shavers Fork Cheat River on CR 22
- Randolph County, West Virginia
- Built 1907, Replaced 2016
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 125.0 ft.
Total length: 128.0 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.80757, -79.73772 (decimal degrees)
38°48'27" N, 79°44'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/609599/4296179 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 35510 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 45.2 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- October 20, 2017: Updated by Brian Powell: tweak name to match DOH usage
- September 21, 2016: Updated by Wayne Johnson: Bridge has been replaced.
- June 9, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Fixed coordinates
- July 7, 2011: New photos from Brian McKee
- Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Brian Powell
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com