Glade Creek Bridge
At 700 feet tall, it is the tallest bridge on the US Interstate System. The tallest pier is 341 feet tall.
- Deck truss bridge over Glade Creek on I-64
- Raleigh County, West Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1988
- Continuous deck truss, center truss span 784 feet, 14 panels, and end truss spans 560 feet, 10 panels each.
Length of largest span: 784.0 ft.
Total length: 2,179.0 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 72.0 ft.
- Also called
- Phil G McDonald Bridge (official name)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.76837, -81.04001 (decimal degrees)
37°46'06" N, 81°02'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/496475/4180116 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 50958 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 67.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- April 11, 2016: New photos from Mark Yurina
- December 12, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added a couple photos, refined details.
- October 10, 2012: Photo imported by Ben Tate
- January 14, 2012: Added by James Baughn