Buckeye Truss Bridge
Photo taken by WVDOH
BH Photo #271545
This bridge was built in 1909. It was demolished and replaced in 2014 by a stringer bridge on a new alignment.
- Demolished through truss bridge over Greenbrier River on CR 219/15
- Pocahontas County, West Virginia
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1909, Replaced 2014
- - Ferris Bridge/Engineering Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 128.0 ft.
Total length: 263.1 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.3 ft.
- Also called
- Greenbrier River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.18784, -80.12970 (decimal degrees)
38°11'16" N, 80°07'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/576215/4227014 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory number
- BH 35458 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2013)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 15 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 20, 2017: Updated by Brian Powell: demolished
- December 3, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added builder, listed as doomed, put WVDOH name.