Hi Carpenter Memorial Bridge
View from a distance
Photo taken June 2005 by James Adorno
BH Photo #109025
After the Silver Bridge disaster on December 15, 1967 downstream in Point Pleasant, the nearly-identical old Hi Carpenter Bridge was deemed unsafe and was closed and demolished. This new bridge was opened in 1977 to replace it.
- Cantilevered through truss bridge over Ohio River on WV 807/OH 807 at St. Marys
- St. Marys, Pleasants County, West Virginia, and Washington County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1977.
- - E. Lionel Pavlo Engineering Co.
- Cantilevered Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 900.0 ft.
Total length: 2,583.1 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 64.0 ft.
- Also called
- St. Marys Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.38885, -81.21487 (decimal degrees)
39°23'20" N, 81°12'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/481495/4359950 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Raven Rock
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- Inventory number
- BH 35452 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 4, 2019: New photo from Roger Deschner
- October 16, 2019: Photo imported by Roger Deschner
- July 27, 2016: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- September 30, 2013: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- March 14, 2010: Updated by James Baughn: Added NBI data, Street View
- October 10, 2005: Posted photo from James Adorno