Big Wheeling Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Will Nelson
BH Photo #208012
A less common example of a steel Whipple through truss.
- Whipple through truss bridge over Big Wheeling Creek on CR 5
- Marshall County, West Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1896
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- 12-panel, Pinned Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 170.0 ft.
Total length: 214.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 19.3 ft.
- Also called
- North Big Wheeling Creek Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.99424, -80.63491 (decimal degrees)
39°59'39" N, 80°38'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/531166/4427181 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 35323 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 14.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 10, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- August 8, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and builder
- August 8, 2011: New photos from Will Nelson
- June 3, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Corrected GPS coordinates.