Robert H. Mollohan-Jefferson Street Bridge
Stunning At Night
The south side of the bridge.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in October 2007
BH Photo #110484
Concrete arch bridge dedicated on May 30, 1921, it connects east and west Fairmont as it crosses the Monongahela River. After falling into poor repair over the years, it was preserved and repaired and reopened in October 2000
- Concrete arch bridge over Monongahela River on Jefferson Street (CR 19/73) in Fairmont
- Marion County, West Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1921; rehabilitated 2000
- Open-spandrel concrete arch
Length of largest span: 278.9 ft.
Total length: 1,248.1 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 4, 1994
- Also called
- High Level Bridge
Million Dollar Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.48333, -80.14167 (decimal degrees)
39°28'60" N, 80°08'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/573816/4370766 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fairmont West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numers
- NRHP 91001734 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 35302 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 72.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 19, 2013: Updated by Michael Miller: Added "Alternate Names", "Date of NRHP Listing" and "Description". Updated "Name" to it's official name.
- January 29, 2008: New photos from J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com