Dunbar Toll Bridge
Photo taken by Ben Tate in May 2012
BH Photo #249453
Despite the name, this is a toll-free bridge. The bridge was originally built as a toll bridge and the name has stuck.
- Through truss bridge over Kanawha River on CR 25/47 in South Charleston
- Kanawha County, West Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1953
- Cantilever through truss
Length of largest span: 633.9 ft.
Total length: 1,384.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.9 ft.
- Also called
- Kanawha River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.35500, -81.73667 (decimal degrees)
38°21'18" N, 81°44'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/435635/4245460 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Charleston West
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory number
- BH 35236 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 35.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 1, 2016: New photos from Tony Dillon
- February 24, 2013: New photo from Ben Tate
- February 28, 2011: Updated by Chris Patriarca: Update name to Dunbar Toll Bridge
- April 22, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated bridge type.