Jennings Randolph Memorial Bridge
The bridge carries US 30, also known as The Lincoln Highway. This photo was taken from what's left of the eastern portal of the bridge this one replaced.
The bridge is oriented on a southeast to northwest direction, between Chester, WV and East Liverpool, Ohio.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in September 2006
BH Photo #148591
Longest simply supported truss span in the United States.
- Through truss bridge over the Ohio River on US 30
- East Liverpool, Hancock County, West Virginia, and Columbiana County, Ohio
- Open to traffic
- Built 1977
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 745.1 ft.
Total length: 2,023.1 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 60.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.61937, -80.56176 (decimal degrees)
40°37'10" N, 80°33'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/537068/4496596 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Liverpool South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory number
- BH 42966 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 22, 2021: Updated by Paul Plassman: Added description
- August 22, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- November 30, 2019: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- August 9, 2014: New photos from Patrick S. O'Donnell
- October 1, 2013: New Street View added by Michael Miller
- June 3, 2010: New Street View added by Bill Eichelberger
- November 7, 2009: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to Lincoln Highway & Ohio River categories
- July 4, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Bill Eichelberger
- Todd Wilson
- Michael Miller - michael_a_miller [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Patrick S. O'Donnell - 1 [dot] 991km [at] comcast [dot] net
- Jack Schmidt - jjturtle [at] earthlink [dot] net
- Geoff Hubbs
- Paul Plassman