Elk Creek Thru Truss
Photo taken by Brian McKee 7-4-2011
BH Photo #203514
Bridge appears in danger of collapse. State DOT r/w ends at west end of bridge.
- Through Truss bridge over Elk Creek on County Route 57/15
- Barbour County, West Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1886
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- Through Truss
Length of largest span: 92.9 ft.
Total length: 96.1 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Also called
- Elk Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.13817, -80.10420 (decimal degrees)
39°08'17" N, 80°06'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/577418/4332491 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 47563 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 19.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 1, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added name.
- July 6, 2011: Updated by Brian McKee: Added builder and description notes
- January 7, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth