Elk Creek Bridge
Elk Creek Thru Truss
Photo taken by Brian McKee 7-4-2011
Bridge appears in danger of collapse. It also seems to be on a private road.
- Through Truss bridge over Elk Creek on County Route 57/15
- Barbour County, West Virginia
- Open to traffic
- Built 1886
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio
- Through Truss
Length of largest span: 92.9 ft.
Total length: 96.1 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.13833, -80.10500 (decimal degrees)
39°08'18" N, 80°06'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/577349/4332509 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 47563 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 22.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- July 6, 2011: Updated by Brian McKee: Added builder and description notes
- January 7, 2011: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Brian McKee - bjmckee51 [at] yahoo [dot] com