Tayco Street Bridge
John N. Vogel, Photographer, August 1992 View To West. Subject Property And Its Setting
The Tayco Street Bridge was a double leaf, Strauss Underneath Counterweight bascule bridge. It was significant as the only bridge of this type in Menasha.
Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record
View photos at Library of Congress
BH Photo #119215
Written by Don Nussbaum
Greiling Engineering Co. of Green Bay won the bid with $217,166.98. Appleton Post Crescent Jun. 30, 1928.
- Lost bascule bridge over Fox River Navigation Channel on Tayco Street in Menasha
- Menasha, Winnebago County, Wisconsin
- Replaced by new bridge
- Replaced 1993
- - Greiling Engineering Co. of Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Twin leaf Strauss bascule bridge
Total length: 165.5 ft.
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.19819, -88.45326 (decimal degrees)
44°11'53" N, 88°27'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/383874/4894912 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 37016 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 11, 2022: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- January 2, 2018: Updated by Don Nussbaum: Changed completion date from 1928/29 to 1929.
- July 9, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- October 30, 2011: New photo from Robert Thompson
- April 29, 2009: Updated by J.R. Manning
- August 8, 2008: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated NRHP Listing
- August 1, 2008: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- HAER WI-68 - Tayco Street Bridge, Spanning Government Canal at Tayco & Water Streets, Menasha vicinity, Winnebago County, WI
- Robert Thompson
- Douglas Butler
- Don Nussbaum
- Geoff Hubbs