Abandoned/Closed Fox River Bridge
White River State Trail - Fox River Bridge
Photo taken by Michael Tidrick
BH Photo #388592
As of 9/2021, the bridge is accessible from the east via an ungroomed trail. There is a chain link fence at each end of the bridge to inhibit people from getting on the bridge.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Fox River on Abandoned Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railway
- Burlington, Racine County, Wisconsin
- Closed with chain link fence blocking access. Rails removed.
- Built 1901
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 360.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW - Fox River Bridge
MILW Bridge #E-72
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.66834, -88.26416 (decimal degrees)
42°40'06" N, 88°15'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/396407/4724760 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 66932 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 18, 2021: New photos from Mark Boettcher
- January 2, 2018: Updated by John Marvig: Added Build Date from Annual Report
- May 1, 2017: New photo from Michael Tidrick
- April 8, 2015: Added by Luke
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mark Boettcher