Replaced by new bridge but moved to a new location for pedestrian use.
Built 1888 by Wisconsin Bridge & Iron Co.; Replaced 1996 and relocated to Lime Kiln Park.
The Bridge Street Bridge is a single span, single lane Pratt through truss that was erected in 1888. Built by the Wisconsin Bridge and Iron Company, it was identified in Cultural Resource Management in Wisconsin (the state's cultural resource management plan) as one of only six pre-1895 examples of that bridge type. As well, Cultural Resource Management identified the Wisconsin Bridge and Iron Company as a prolific bridge builder in the state. Indeed, the firm built five of the six aforementioned pre-1895 bridges. With its integrity very much intact, and the fact that no more than four of the six bridges previously cited exist today, the Bridge Street Bridge is significant as an excellent and rare example of an early Pratt through truss that was built by an important Wisconsin bridge building company. UPDATE July 2010: The bridge was relocated to Lime Kiln Park, where it crosses a drainage ditch and serves as a display and pedestrian walkway.
Approximate latitude, longitude
+43.31870, -87.94914(decimal degrees) 43°19'07" N, 87°56'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")