Fox River Canal Bridge
9 Lawe Street 01.JPG
Looking to the southwest. The canal has just been drained for winter maintenance. Normally the water level is about 7 feet deeper. The canal abuts the south bank of the river valley, which is incised about 50 feet deep into the surrounding plain.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in October 2009
Written by Robert Thompson
This bridge replaced an earlier swing bridge at the same location
- Bascule bridge over Fox River Canal on Lawe Street in Appleton
- Appleton, Outagamie County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1954
Length of largest span: 75.1 ft.
Total length: 77.1 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.25517, -88.39638 (decimal degrees)
44°15'19" N, 88°23'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/388527/4901163 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 34683 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 72.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- December 28, 2010: New photos from Robert Thompson
- October 31, 2009: Essay added by Robert Thompson