Originally built in 1887 at a span of 1200 feet, it was primarily used to transport logs. The bridge was rebuilt, possibly in 1898, with a span of 375 feet. The span was shortened by bringing in sand to extend the shore from the south/west. After the logging era, the line brought passengers into the area. The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources bought the trestle and trail in 1973. The channel below the bridge is about 37 feet deep.
- Source: signs on display at the trailhead in Minocqua
Pony/through plate girder bridge over Minocqua Lake on Bearskin Trail