Beaver Creek Covered Bridge 49-42-b
Beaver Creek Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Reinhard Mueller in May 2009
BH Photo #316231
Built of commonly available materials, this bridge was built by volunteers, many of them of high school age or even younger. It was the first covered bridge of the current era to be built in Sparta, and has impacted much improvement in the immediately adjacent area.
- Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Beaver Creek on Downtown Pedestrian Path
- Sparta, Monroe County, Wisconsin
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built in a blighted part of the community in 2009. The project was the first improvement in the area, which is now a beautiful plaza area complete with a farmers market.
- - Jerry Kast
- Jim Cook
- Matthew Hunter
- Reinhard Mueller
- SAILS Charter School of Sparta, Wisconsin
- Sparta High Point Charter School of Sparta, Wisconsin
- Todd Page
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Span length: 48.0 ft.
Total length: 48.0 ft.
Deck width: 9.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.94497, -90.81155 (decimal degrees)
43°56'42" N, 90°48'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/675620/4868088 (zone/easting/northing)
- 830 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numbers
- WGCB 49-42-b (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 66100 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 16, 2015: Added by Reinhard Mueller