Milwaukee Avenue Viaduct
Photo taken by Steve Conro in August 2013
BH Photo #261774
You might even call this Deck plate bridge with deck truss approach since the part that actually crosses Milwaukee ave and the CP rail is deck plate. The deck truss portion crosses Farmers Valley Creek. A rename might even be proper.
- Deck truss bridge over Milwaukee Ave/Farmers Valley Creek/CP Rwy on WI 16/WI 71 in Sparta
- Sparta, Monroe County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1939; rehabilitated 1990
- 6 Deck truss spans and 4 deck plate girder spans.
Length of largest span: 118.1 ft.
Total length: 1,080.1 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.94039, -90.79671 (decimal degrees)
43°56'25" N, 90°47'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/676825/4867612 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory number
- BH 34887 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 58.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 22, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added city
- August 9, 2013: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Warren deck truss with all verticals"
- August 4, 2013: Updated by Steve Conro: Info, photos