UP - 84th - Street - Bridge
Overview Looking Northeast
That's the westbound lane of National Avenue on the right, the cars are continuing south on 84th Street.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2011
National Avenue was originally known as the Mukwanago Plank Road, a toll road that ran between Milwaukee and Mukwanago, in Waukesha County. It was renamed for the National Soldiers Home
in Wood, Wisconsin, about a mile east of here. It is a very busy thoroughfare that runs northeast-southwest from Milwaukee to Mukwanago and eventually, to Troy and almost to Delavan. When it intersects the heavily used UPRR (formerly C&NW) double-track mainline, National Avenue jogs under the tracks, concurrently with S. 84th Street.
- June 7, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 3, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Union Pacific Railroad"
- July 14, 2011: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com