UP - KK Wisconsin Bridge
Long Distance View
All these photos were taken with telephoto glass to remain on public property.
The sign above the portal reads "KK RIVER BRIDGE" or, at least, it did before several of the letters fell off. Today, it says. "K RIV R BR DGE"
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in April 2010
BH Photo #163320
- Quadrangular Through Truss Swing Bridge over Kinnickinnic River on Union Pacific Railroad
- Milwaukee, Milwaukee County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 200ft upriver in 1880; Relocated here 1898 & widened.
- - Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Quadrangular lattice through truss
Span length: 240.0 ft.
Total length: 240.0 ft.
- Also called
- CNW - KK Wisconsin Bridge Bridge
CNW - Kinnickinnic River Bridge
UP - Kinnickinnic River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.01360, -87.90422 (decimal degrees)
43°00'49" N, 87°54'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/426314/4762721 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44959 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 30, 2016: Updated by Luke: Noted relocation
- June 7, 2014: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- August 3, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "Union Pacific Railroad", "Railroad"
- April 21, 2010: Added by J.R. Manning