Ogden Street Bridge (Old)
Looking north from Wisconsin riverbank
There was one through-truss span on the Wisconsin side, and three on the Michigan side. The swing spans are beyond the bridgetender's house.
Photo supplied by Val Ihde Photography
This bridge was originally opened by manual power. I do not know if it was ever converted to power operation. Was replaced by the current Ogden Street Bridge in 1973.
- Lost Bridge over Menominee River on Ogden St. / 1st Street
- Marinette, Marinette County, Wisconsin, and Menominee County, Michigan
- Four through-truss spans; two truss-girder cantilevered asymmetrical swing spans.
- Also called
- Old Menekaunee Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.09412, -87.59846 (decimal degrees)
45°05'39" N, 87°35'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/452909/4993580 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Marinette East
- 580 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 55146 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 22, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- January 7, 2013: Updated by Robert Thompson: Added demolition date.