Ogden Street Bridge (Old)
Looking north from Wisconsin riverbank
There was one through-truss span on the Wisconsin side, and three on the Michigan side. The swing spans are beyond the bridgetender's house.
Photo supplied by Val Ihde Photography
BH Photo #246315
This bridge was originally opened by manual power. I do not know if it was ever converted to power operation. Was replaced by the current Ogden Street Bridge in 1973.
- Lost Bridge over Menominee River on Ogden St. / 1st Street
- Marinette, Marinette County, Wisconsin, and Menominee County, Michigan
- Four through-truss spans; two truss-girder cantilevered asymmetrical swing spans.
- Also called
- Old Menekaunee Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.09412, -87.59846 (decimal degrees)
45°05'39" N, 87°35'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/452909/4993580 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Marinette East
- 580 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 55146 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 22, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- January 7, 2013: Updated by Robert Thompson: Added demolition date.