E&LS Porterfield Trestle
Escanaba and Lakeshore line between Marinete and Crivitz
The roadbed, tracks and ties are in poor condition. But the line still makes money for the company; they use it to store rolling stock for other railroads.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in March 2017
Apparently there was an earlier timber trestle on this site, based on the existence of deteriorating former pilings.
- Bridge over Mud Brook on Escanaba and Lakeshore Railroad
- Porterfield, Marinette County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- - Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad (ELS)
- An all-timber trestle on a rarely used rail line. Currently, the tracks are used for long-term storage of unused rail cars.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.16462, -87.82077 (decimal degrees)
45°09'53" N, 87°49'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/435496/5001565 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 76178 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 19, 2017: Added by Robert Thompson