E&LS Porterfield Trestle
Escanaba and Lakeshore line between Marinete and Crivitz
The roadbed, tracks and ties are in poor condition. But the line still makes money for the company; they use it to store rolling stock for other railroads.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in March 2017
BH Photo #383710
Apparently there was an earlier timber trestle on this site, based on the existence of deteriorating former pilings.
- Bridge over Mud Brook on Escanaba and Lakeshore Railroad
- Porterfield, Marinette County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- - Escanaba & Lake Superior Railroad (ELS)
- An all-timber trestle on a rarely used rail line. Currently, the tracks are used for long-term storage of unused rail cars.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.16462, -87.82077 (decimal degrees)
45°09'53" N, 87°49'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/435496/5001565 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 76178 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 19, 2017: Added by Robert Thompson