Miscauno Island Bridge (E)
East Span, River Road Bridge
Looking west. This bridge lands on a small island; the Middle River Road bridge is visible in the trees beyond.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in December 2010
BH Photo #189815
This is a series of three bridges, crossing the Menominee river on two islands. Originally, these were part of a railroad crossing. After the railroad was abandoned, the right-of-way was turned into a road and the bridges were turned into single-lane road bridges. The easternmost span is the shortest, of pony-truss design; the other two are through-trusses. No builder's plaques or other information exists on the bridges.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Menominee River on Miscauno Island Lane
- Marinette County, Wisconsin, and Menominee County, Michigan
- Open to traffic
- Built 1905
- - Rail-to-road
- Wisconsin & Michigan Railroad (W&M)
- Pratt Pony Truss
Span length: 92.0 ft.
Total length: 92.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.56754, -87.83180 (decimal degrees)
45°34'03" N, 87°49'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/435092/5046336 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Miscauno Island
- Inventory numer
- BH 47242 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 30, 2016: New photos from John Marvig
- November 20, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- December 28, 2010: New photos from Robert Thompson
- December 5, 2010: Added by Robert Thompson