Peshtigo Paper Mill Covered Bridge
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in June 2010
BH Photo #168194
This covered bridge carried liquid paper pulp from a now-demolished pulp mill across the highway to the paper mill alongside the river. The wooden sheathing is deteriorating rapidly.
Update Aug 28 2011:
Has been removed.
- Bridge over Peshtigo River for paper pulp pipeline
- Peshtigo, Marinette County, Wisconsin
- Future prospects
- Probably in a landfill
Total length: 310.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.05349, -87.74682 (decimal degrees)
45°03'13" N, 87°44'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/441193/4989164 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Marinette West
- 600 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 45537 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 28, 2011: Updated by Robert Thompson: Bridge removed.
- September 19, 2010: Updated by Robert Thompson: Updated with information from local resident
- June 22, 2010: Added by Robert Thompson