Dougherty Creek Bridge
Photo taken by J.R. Manning
Prior to 1933, this half-hip, 3-panel, pinned Pratt pony truss carried State Highway 14. After US 14 was commissioned in 1933, following the state's rule of no duplicate highway numbers, the Wisconsin highway commission rebadged STH-14 as STH-81.
Somewhere in history, the alignment east of Argyle was shortened, curves were softened and this bridge was left in the middle of a field - where it remains today.
- Abandoned half-hip Pratt pony truss bridge over Dougherty Creek on Old alignment of Wisconsin Highway 81
- Argyle, Lafayette County, Wisconsin
- Half-hip Pratt pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.69799, -89.85564 (decimal degrees)
42°41'53" N, 89°51'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/266097/4731232 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 52129 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 21, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning