La Crosse River State Trail Bangor Gun Club Bridge
Photo taken by Steve Conro in October 2012
A 1913 map shows a Dutch Creek overflow in this general spot. This may possibly been built to cross that. Stonework appears the same as 1913 bridge a few hundred feet away. Assume the two are the same time frame.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Bangor Rod & Gun Club entrance on La Crosse River State Trail (former C&NW RR)
- Bangor, La Crosse County, Wisconsin
- Open to pedestrians only
- Deck plate girder with very nice stone abutments
Total length: 40.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.88975, -90.99322 (decimal degrees)
43°53'23" N, 90°59'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/661191/4861584 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 53871 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 10, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- October 9, 2012: Updated by Steve Conro: Added categories "Rail-to-trail", "Chicago & North Western Railway"