Blue Mounds Branch Bridge
Deck Looking East
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in July 2012
BH Photo #235140
This pony plate girder bridge, although straight itself, carries a curve in state highway 39 across the Blue Mounds Branch. It is unique in being a pony plate girder bridge in highway use. Bridges like this are more than common in Wisconsin but the majority of them carry railroads. It is quite unusual to see one in highway service.
- Lost Plate Girder pony bridge over Blue Mounds Branch on Sth 39
- Town of Moscow, Iowa County, Wisconsin
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1930; rehabilitated 1982
- Pony Plate Girder
Length of largest span: 59.1 ft.
Total length: 61.7 ft.
Deck width: 23.3 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.85889, -89.85833 (decimal degrees)
42°51'32" N, 89°51'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/266482/4749108 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory number
- BH 52888 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2012)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 48.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 29, 2020: Updated by Matt Lohry: Bridge has been replaced.
- July 14, 2012: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Matt Lohry