Twin Falls Road Bridge
Looking northeast to Michigan
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in June 2011
BH Photo #200967
A pinned truss, with forged eyes on the diagonal bracing (see photos). The state boundary runs down the middle of the channel under this span. There seem to be no efforts being made to preserve this historic bridge.
- Abandoned bridge over Menominee River on Twin Falls Road (abandoned)
- Iron Mountain, Florence County, Wisconsin, and Dickinson County, Michigan
- Built in 1909 by the Central States Bridge Company of Indianapolis, IN
- - Central States Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- A short Steel Pinned Camelback Through Truss with concrete deck.
Total length: 140.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 12, 2012
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.87754, -88.07854 (decimal degrees)
45°52'39" N, 88°04'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/416302/5081006 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 12001028 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 48895 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 2, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added date and builder
- June 12, 2011: Added by Robert Thompson