Red Cedar State Trail - Downsville Bridge
Downsville Railroad Bridge
Looking North into truss
Photo taken by John Marvig in May 2012
BH Photo #232079
The Ca. Build date comes from an identical span at Sabula, Iowa which was built in 1881 and replaced in 1906. It is possible this span came from Sabula, on the east end which forms a massive curve.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Red Cedar River on Red Cedar State Trail
- Downsville, Dunn County, Wisconsin
- Open to pedestrians
- Built Ca. 1881, Relocated here 1910
- - Edgemoor Bridge Works of Wilmington, Delaware
- - Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW; CMStP&P; CMStP)
- 6 Spans Trestle
1-150' Skewed Pratt Truss
12 Spans Trestle
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 370.0 ft.
- Also called
- Downsville Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.77673, -91.94002 (decimal degrees)
44°46'36" N, 91°56'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/583866/4958694 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Menomonie South
- Inventory number
- BH 52457 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 1, 2016: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- May 31, 2015: New photos from John Marvig
- May 5, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added build date
- June 17, 2013: New photos from John Marvig
- August 10, 2012: Updated by John Marvig: Added category "Railroad"
- May 14, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Rail-to-trail"
- May 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- May 13, 2012: Added by John Marvig