Tainter Lake Bridge
Elevation of main spans
Photo taken by Matthew Lohry
BH Photo #168817
This is a substantial riveted Warren deck truss with verticals. The bridge consists of two large main spans, and it has one approach on each end, which are smaller Warren deck truss spans. The bridge was rehabilitated in 1992 and is in excellent condition. The superstructure has no major rust and no damage, and the substructure appears to be in very good shape with no cracking, spalling, or other deterioration.
- Riveted Warren deck truss bridge over Tainter Lake on CTH BB
- Dunn County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1935; rehabilitated 1992
- Riveted Warren deck truss with verticals
Length of largest span: 145.0 ft.
Total length: 431.1 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.93444, -91.88868 (decimal degrees)
44°56'04" N, 91°53'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/587689/4976268 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Menomonie North
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 34750 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 85.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 6, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated bridge type and added description
- June 29, 2010: New photos from Matthew Lohry
- May 24, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated GPS coordinates