Oregon Street Bridge
Oregon Street Bridge, 03-06-10
Wide-angle shot of the bridge from the tugboat dock.
Photo taken by Robert Thompson in March 2010
BH Photo #157145
The bascule spans on this bridge are higher than those of the Michigan Street Bridge, which should reduce the required number of openings. The Michigan Street Bridge will be controlled from the Oregon Street Bridge once it is reopened.
- Concrete deck girder bridge over Sturgeon Bay on STH 42-57 (Business Route)
- Sturgeon Bay, Door County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 2008
- This bridge was discussed for decades, but lack of funding and disagreements over the design delayed construction. With the Michigan Street Bridge becoming increasingly decrepit, construction was finally begun in 2006. Once the Oregon Street Bridge was opened, the Michigan Street Bridge was immediately closed for needed rehabilitation.
- Also called
- Maple-Oregon Street Bridge
"The New Downtown Bridge"
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.83048, -87.37960 (decimal degrees)
44°49'50" N, 87°22'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/469993/4964189 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sturgeon Bay West
- 578 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 44332 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 9, 2016: New photos from Peter Johnson
- December 3, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- May 15, 2014: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- March 6, 2010: Added by Robert Thompson