Hoard Road Bridge
This is what's left of the old bridge
They couldn't even clean up after themselves! This bridge is now a pile of firewood laying next to the ugly new monstrosity.
Photo taken by Matt Lohry in May 2013
BH Photo #254094
This bridge was located on a dead-end country road with an ADT of only 20; perfect justification to spend millions to remove it and replace it with an ugly concrete eyesore, wasting taxpayer money, when the existing bridge could have been rehabilitated for far less. Dodge County ought to be ashamed of itself. EPIC FAIL.
- Lost Timber stringer bridge over UP Railroad on Lrd Hoard Road
- Dodge County, Wisconsin
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1910; replaced 2012
- Timber stringer
Length of largest span: 45.9 ft.
Total length: 139.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.23333, -88.56111 (decimal degrees)
43°13'60" N, 88°33'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/373237/4787909 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory number
- BH 56276 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 42.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 18, 2013: Updated by Matt Lohry: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.