Sun Valley Parkway Bridge
Long view of beams
Photo taken by Matt Lohry in March 2016
BH Photo #350353
This T-beam bridge crosses over an old alignment of the Wisconsin & Calument Railroad; it's now the Ice Age Trail and the Badger State Trail. This bridge is very difficult to photograph because of the heavy foliage and the 20-foot straight-down drop to the trail. Fortunately it was early spring and there were no leaves on trees yet, otherwise it would have been nearly impossible to see the bridge from the side. There was no quick way down to the trail, otherwise I could have taken some pics from below.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over Ice Age/Badger State Trail on Sun Valley Parkway
- Dane County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1936
- Concrete Tee beam
Length of largest span: 36.4 ft.
Total length: 117.1 ft.
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.92864, -89.50544 (decimal degrees)
42°55'43" N, 89°30'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/295544/4755935 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 71496 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 68 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 26, 2016: New Street View added by Matt Lohry