Dyreson Road Bridge
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in September 2008
BH Photo #124814
This bridge has been completely restored and is once again open to traffic! The bridge received a full sandblasting and repainting, and a new timber/asphalt deck, wood guard rails inside the truss, and ARMCO railings and stop signs on either side. The bridge has been painted black. The only modification to the superstructure that I could find was that the stabilizer rods underneath were attached directly to the abutments rather than to the end floor beams. The wood guard rails are substantial, but they don't overpower the truss and allow for easy viewing of the lower chords. The bridge overall has retained its original appearance and functionality. The weight limit has been increased to 10 tons.
- Pinned Pratt through truss bridge over Yahara River on E. Dyreson Road
- Town of Dunn, Dane County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic, 10-ton posted load
- Built 1897; rehabilitated 1983, restored 2015
- - Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Single-span, pinned connection, Pratt through truss, significant for its connection to the Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Company, one of the most prolific fabricators in Wisconsin with many installations in Wisconsin and Iowa, and as far away as Colorado and Texas.
Length of largest span: 124.0 ft.
Total length: 127.3 ft.
Deck width: 14.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.98810, -89.27865 (decimal degrees)
42°59'17" N, 89°16'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/314231/4762012 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 34724 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 25.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- March 25, 2016: Updated by Matt Lohry: Bridge is now open
- December 8, 2014: Photo imported by Dave King
- October 25, 2012: Updated by Matt Lohry: Updated status
- January 26, 2011: New Street View added by Eric Hanson
- January 12, 2011: New photos from Eric Hanson
- September 20, 2008: New photos from J.R. Manning