The West face
The bridge is built with two distinctly different types of stone, limestone and sandstone, note the change in colors. It was built in 1881 by the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad and modified in 1896. (The datestone on this side reads, "1896" while the datestone on the east side reads, "1881.") Heavy wing walls on both sides reinforce the structure.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in August 2008