Chippewa River Bridge
Photo taken by Max Koehn in April 2015
BH Photo #321147
This bridge is a very unique 4-span Warren pony truss bridge with verticals, and what makes this bridge different is the fact that the two west spans are continuously connected, and the two east spans are also, and each of these "span-sets" are simply connected (independently pier-mounted) at the center pier. The bridge has a very high sufficiency rating for a truss bridge and appears to be in excellent condition, which (hopefully) equates to this bridge remaining in existence for many more years to come.
- Continuous Warren pony truss bridge over Chippewa River on CTH M
- Holcombe, Chippewa County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1950
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 132.9 ft.
Total length: 797.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.22760, -91.12100 (decimal degrees)
45°13'39" N, 91°07'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/647506/5009951 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 34694 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2016)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 66.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 5, 2015: New photo from Max Koehn
- September 3, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated bridge type and added description paragraph.
- May 29, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS Coordinates
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Matt Lohry
- Max Koehn - mkoehn45 [at] gmail [dot] com