Chippewa River Bridge
This bridge is a very unique 4-span Warren pony truss bridge with verticals, and what makes this bridge different is the fact that the two west spans are continuously connected, and the two east spans are also, and each of these "span-sets" are simply connected (independently pier-mounted) at the center pier. The bridge has a very high sufficiency rating for a truss bridge and appears to be in excellent condition, which (hopefully) equates to this bridge remaining in existence for many more years to come.
- Continuous Warren pony truss bridge over Chippewa River on CTH M
- Holcombe, Chippewa County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic
- Built 1950
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 132.9 ft.
Total length: 797.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +45.22760, -91.12100 (decimal degrees)
45°13'39" N, 91°07'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/647506/5009951 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 34694 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 70.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- September 3, 2010: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Updated bridge type and added description paragraph.
- May 29, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added GPS Coordinates
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Matt Lohry