Wrightstown Fox River Bridge
View from the Northeast
The Fox River is quite picturesque along here.
Photo taken by J.R. Manning in May 2009
BH Photo #140496
A new bridge was built south of this bridge and was completed in 2015. This bridge was went down into the valley while the new bridge is twice as long and rises above the valley and bypasses eastern Downtown Wrightstown.
- Twin-leaf bascule bridge over Fox River on Ferry Street (WI 96) in Wrightstown
- Wrightstown, Brown County, Wisconsin
- Open to traffic although no longer functional as a draw bridge
- Built 1934; rehabilitated 1977; Demolished 2015
- - Worden-Allen Co. of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Scherzer-type rolling lift
Span length: 94.5 ft.
Total length: 94.5 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Also called
- Wrightstown Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.32675, -88.16525 (decimal degrees)
44°19'36" N, 88°09'55" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/407091/4908825 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 34671 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 37.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- February 27, 2016: Updated by Robert Thompson: New fixed concrete bridge is open. Old bridge to be scrapped.
- March 14, 2015: New photos from Robert Thompson
- September 2, 2010: Updated by J.R. Manning: Added to "Doomed" category
- August 16, 2009: Updated by J.R. Manning: Updated builder and bridge type
- May 23, 2009: New photos from J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Douglas Butler
- Robert Thompson