Constructed in 1905, the 148-foot Howe truss Grays River Covered Bridge was the first vehicular bridge to span the Grays River. The bridge facilitated transportation of dairy and lumber products from western Wahkiakum County to the community of Grays River, located about 1.5 miles to the west, and to marketing and shipping centers a Grays Bay on the Columbia River to the southwest. It is the oldest covered bridge in Washington State this is a functional part of a public highway system.
(HAER – Grays River Covered Bridge)
Length of largest span: 73.2 ft.
Total length: 191.9 ft.
Deck width: 12.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on November 23, 1971
Approximate latitude, longitude
+46.35464, -123.58092(decimal degrees) 46°21'17" N, 123°34'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good(7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good(7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good(7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43 (out of 100) View more at BridgeReports.com