B.N.S.F. - South Fork Skykomish River Canyon Falls Bridge
West Portal. This bridge is difficult to access.
Photo taken by Neil Martel in April 2012
This bridge constructed in 1966 eliminates a long curved portion of line that used to run on the north shore.
- Warren through truss bridge over South Fork Skykomish River on BNSF Railway
- Snohomish County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1966 for the Great Northern Railway during the Index-East Gold Bar realignment
- Warren through truss
- Also called
- Great Northern Canyon Falls Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.80286, -121.53513 (decimal degrees)
47°48'10" N, 121°32'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/609686/5295428 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 51969 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected history
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"