BNSF - Sunset Falls Bridge
View facing west eastern approach span in foreground
Photo taken by Neil Martel in April 2012
Built in 1966 to recross the river and rejoin the original alignment to eliminate a long curved section of line. This is one of the 8 bridges built during the Index-East Gold Bar realignment.
- Warren deck truss bridge over South Fork Skykomish River and Mt. Index River Road on BNSF Railway
- Snohomish County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1966 for the Great Northern Railway during the Index-East Gold Bar realignment.
- 12 panel Warren deck truss with deck plate girder approach spans
- Also called
- BNSF - South Fork Skykomish River Bridge (Sunset Falls)
BN - Sunset Falls Bridge
BN - South Fork Skykomish River Bridge (Sunset Falls)
GN - Sunset Falls Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.80511, -121.54698 (decimal degrees)
47°48'18" N, 121°32'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/608795/5295661 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51966 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 14, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected design description
- April 7, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected design description
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected history
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway", "Great Northern Railway"
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"