BNSF - Sunset Falls Bridge
View facing west eastern approach span in foreground
Photo taken by Neil Martel in April 2012
BH Photo #229125
Built in 1966 to recross the river and rejoin the original alignment to eliminate a long curved section of line. This is one of the 8 bridges built during the Index-East Gold Bar realignment.
- Warren deck truss bridge over South Fork Skykomish River and Mt. Index River Road on BNSF Railway
- Snohomish County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1966 for the Great Northern Railway during the Index-East Gold Bar realignment.
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Great Northern Railway (GN)
- 12 panel Warren deck truss with deck plate girder approach spans
- Also called
- BNSF - South Fork Skykomish River Bridge (Sunset Falls)
BN - Sunset Falls Bridge
BN - South Fork Skykomish River Bridge (Sunset Falls)
GN - Sunset Falls Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.80511, -121.54698 (decimal degrees)
47°48'18" N, 121°32'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/608795/5295661 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 51966 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 14, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected design description
- April 7, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected design description
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected history
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway", "Great Northern Railway"
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"