B.N.S.F. - North Fork Skykomish River Bridge
View facing east. 1999 5th street Index Bridge in the background.
Photo taken by Neil Martel in April 2012
Built slightly downstream from the original 1892 bridge that was moved down the line 7 miles west and reassembled during the 1960-1967 Index-East Gold Bar realignment.
- Warren through truss bridge over North Fork Skykomish River on BNSF Railway
- Index, Snohomish County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1961 for the Great Northern Railway during the Index-Gold Bar realignment between 1960-67
- 10 panel Warren through truss
- Also called
- Great Northern North Fork Skykomish River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.81920, -121.55496 (decimal degrees)
47°49'09" N, 121°33'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/608168/5297216 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 51962 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 13, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Updated design description
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Neil Martel: Corrected history
- April 6, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Great Northern Railway"