Lewis Street Bridge
View of south end approach spans
Photo taken by Neil Martel in December 2010
BH Photo #229482
"At a surprise announcement during the Monroe Kiwanis Club noon luncheon yesterday (May 22, 1957) it was revelaed that the new Lewis Street Bridge over the Skykomish River, now under construction, will be known as the "Clarence C. Devers Bridge".
The announcement was made by Lee Lewis, chairman of the Kiwanis public affairs committee, upon the basis of information provided by Robert H. Follis via William A. Bugge, state director of highways.
Members of the Kiwanis had previously made the request that the bridge be named after Devers because of his 21 years of outstanding road work with both the Snohomish County Chamber and Kiwanis roads committee.
An appropriate plaque so designating the bridge will be installed at the completion of the structure." (credit: The Monroe Monitor Thursday, May 23, 1957).
This bridge replaced an earlier bridge that was built in 1915, and is the fourth bridge built at this location.
- Through truss bridge over Skykomish River on WA 203 in Monroe
- Monroe, Snohomish County, Washington
- Open to traffic
- Built 1957
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 339.9 ft.
Total length: 582.0 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- WA203 Skykomish River Bridge
Clarence C. Devers Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.84667, -121.97000 (decimal degrees)
47°50'48" N, 121°58'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/577060/5299771 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 34528 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2016)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 57.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- April 7, 2017: New photos from Mike Garland
- April 10, 2012: New photo from Neil Martel
- K. A. Erickson
- Neil Martel
- Mike Garland - Rapier342 [at] comcast [dot] net