Meridian Street Bridge
Puyallup River Bridge
View from East
Photo taken by K. A. Erickson in November 2009
BH Photo #193367
- Through truss bridge over Puyallup River on WA 167 in Puyallup
- Puyallup, Pierce County, Washington
- In storage
- Future prospects
- Section 106 Review ongoing. Potential interest in relocating bridge to Foothills trail exists.
- Built 1925; rehabilitated 1951
- - M.M. Caldwell (Consulting engineer)
- Puget Sound Bridge & Dredging Co. of Seattle, Washington (Contractor)
- Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Rivet-connected modified Warren through truss displaying some visual characteristics of the Turner truss configuration. Bridge contains 14 panels @ 26'6" each
Length of largest span: 371.0 ft.
Total length: 477.1 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 18.6 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Puyallup River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +47.20514, -122.29458 (decimal degrees)
47°12'19" N, 122°17'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 10/553424/5228202 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 34457 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 2.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- August 8, 2017: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Available with $1 million if taken with conditions attached
- March 26, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added categories "Riveted", "14-panel truss"
- March 25, 2012: New photos from K. A. Erickson
- June 16, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Corrected Name
- March 22, 2011: Updated by Nathan Holth: Bridge is Eligible For National Register
- February 6, 2011: Updated by K. A. Erickson: Bridge is now DOOMED!
- April 27, 2010: New Street View added by James Baughn